Backend Software Engineer (Python)
Golem Factory and its Mission
Across the planet, there is a vast untapped amount of computing power. By creating a global marketplace to connect all of this spare capacity, Golem will change the internet as we know it. Decentralization is starting to play an important role in the global economy, starting with how we exchange resources. Golem has been in the Ethereum space since its early days and is a recognized decentralized computations leader. Does building this ambitious game-changer project sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you about joining the Golem team.
We’re currently looking for a Backend Engineer to join our SDK Team.
The goal of this team is to provide an ergonomic, high-level API serving as an entry point to the Golem Network. Your responsibilities would include designing, building and maintaining our SDKs and other tools that enable external developers to quickly create rich and powerful decentralized solutions on top of Golem Network.
In-office location: Warsaw, Poland
Remote location(s): CET timezone
What you’ll do with us:
- Develop reusable, testable, and efficient code using Python
- Contribute to the Golem Factory open-source projects @ GitHub
- React to external users’ feedback to improve our SDKs and their documentation
- Get feedback from the Applications team to shape Golem SDK architecture
- Give input to the Core Team to help define low-level Golem APIs
- Contribute to the company Tech Council committee
- Test what you write with unit, integration, and manual tests
- Attend daily and weekly stand-ups, sprint planning/retrospectives, 1:1s
- Work collaboratively in CET timezone with other engineers within the team and across teams, especially when working remotely
You’re a great fit if:
- You are proficient with Python including Asyncio
- You have experience with asynchronous and concurrent programming
- You know Python projects with both excellent and poor APIs to bring out the best and avoid bad patterns
- You are skilled with Git, Github, and its tools and know-how to use them in larger projects
- You have good knowledge of general software design, as well as API design (REST in particular)
- You know your way around command-line tools and shell scripting
- You are a fast learner and are eager to pick up new technologies and projects
- You can read and understand Rust code (nice to have)
- You can communicate fluently in English (we are an English speaking company)
Golem Factory Tech Stack:
- Version control, Reviews, Issue tracking: GitHub
- Continuous Integration/Tools: GitHub Actions
- Infrastructure: we are building one - the Golem Network!, Docker, Prometheus stack
Benefits @ Golem:
- Attractive salary
- Flexible contract types
- Remote-first culture with a hub in Warsaw (100% from home, 100% from office or hybrid)
- 26 days of PTO
- Private medical care
- Free meals and professional foosball table in the office
To complete our mission, we need strong players to join us. The ideal candidate does not have to be a senior engineer, but we’d love to see passion and dedication, as these are what drive us here at Golem.
If you are interested, please send us your resume in English. Thanks!