Mid / Senior Software Engineer (Rust)
Golem Factory and its Mission
Across the planet, there is a vast untapped amount of computing power. By creating a global marketplace to connect all of this spare capacity, Golem will change the internet as we know it. Decentralization is starting to play an important role in the global economy, starting with how we exchange resources. Golem has been in the Ethereum space since its early days and is a recognized decentralized computations leader.Does building this ambitious game-changer project sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you about joining the Golem team.
We’re currently looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Core Team. The goal of this team is to develop and support the core engine of the Golem Network which is yagna daemon. Your responsibilities would include designing, building, and maintaining yagna, runtimes (QEMU based light VM, WASM), networking (Hybrid P2P), and other tools that are the backbone of the Golem Network.
What you’ll do with us:
- Learn to code in Rust. You do not need to be a Rust developer. Any strongly, statically typed language experience (C++, Java, C#) would be enough to start. In case you are a junior — love for such a language would suffice too.
- Develop reusable, testable, scalable, and efficient code using Rust.
- Contribute to the Golem Factory open-source projects @ GitHub
- Asynchronous, concurrent, and network programming (TCP, UDP, HTTP)
- Develop for all three main platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows.
- Design REST API (low-level Golem API)
- Get feedback from the Applications team and SDK team on the above
- Contribute to the company Tech Council committee
- Test what you write with unit, integration, and manual tests
- Attend daily and weekly stand-ups, sprint plannings, retrospectives, 1:1s
- Work collaboratively in CET timezone with other engineers within the team and across teams, especially when working remotely
You’re a great fit if:
- You already use and love Rust including async
- You have experience with asynchronous and concurrent programming
- You are skilled with Git, Github, and its tools and know-how to use them in larger projects
- You have good knowledge of general software design, as well as API design (REST in particular)
- You know your way around command-line tools and shell scripting
- You are a fast learner and are eager to pick up new technologies and projects
- You are familiar with Python and Node.js (nice to have)
- You can communicate fluently in English (we are an English speaking company)
Golem Factory Tech Stack:
- Version control, Reviews, Issue tracking: GitHub
- Continuous Integration/Tools: GitHub Actions
- Infrastructure: we are building one - the Golem Network!, Docker, Prometheus stack
Benefits @ Golem
Remote-first culture with a hub in Warsaw (100% from home, 100% from office, or mixed)
26 days of PTOFree meals and a professional foosball table in the office
To complete our mission, we need strong players to join us. The ideal candidate does not have to be a senior engineer, but we’d love to see passion and dedication, as these are what drive us here at Golem. What matters are not job roles and titles. It's the good we do for the users and our businesses.
If you are interested, please send us your resume in English. Thanks!